Monday, June 22, 2009

Buff Stuff

Last week my husband got the second half of the roof sheathed. The next step was to cover the entire roof in black, roofing felt. This took two of us, so I helped. It was really scary up there at first, but we got used to it. I like this photo because I look all buff and stuff. : )



It was hard to photograph this part because neither of us felt ok about taking the expensive camera up the ladder. So here's the view from below.



Next we'll cover the roof with metal. Apparently metal is much better for energy savings than shingles, but also more expensive.

9 comments:

  1. WOW. Look at you with your tool belt on and all. Buff is the word! What a wonderful studio!
    We're hearing about the heat wave as we sit out three weeks (I've lost track) of cool, cloudy, rainy New England weather. If I wasn't solar powered from four months in Florida I would be crazed like most everyone here is! As it is, I kand like this weather, because I can stay in and paint ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is very interesting to watch the progression of your studio - thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really 'buff and stuff'!!!

    How exciting a project. Keep us posted on the progress. What fun it is to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny, I love it!! I love to read your blog, you are so upbeat!! Great to see the progress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool Carol! Like to see more pictures - keep us posted on your progress.

    ReplyDelete